Roasted Cauliflower Soup with Pomegranate Juice, Cumin & Sunflower Seeds
- ½ head cauliflower cut into florets (approx. 4 cups/1 lb. )
- 2 cups onion medium dice
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 4 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp shredded mint
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Place the cauliflower and onion on a baking sheet. Toss with, vegetable oil, cumin and salt & pepper to taste.
- Place in the oven and roast until softened and golden brown, turning halfway through cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower to a soup pot along with the pomegranate juice and 2 cups of water. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly before pureeing in batches in a blender or food processor.
- Taste and adjust seasoning. Reheat before dividing between 4 bowls. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and mint.