- 4 large rio red grapefruits sectioned lengthwise
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 3/4 cup grapefruit juice strained
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 oz package strawberry gelatin
- One 8- or 9-inch pie crust baked
- 1 cup whipping cream whipped
- Peel grapefruit, separate sections and remove membranes. Place sections in a bowl overnight.
- Cook sugar, juice, cornstarch and salt until thick and clear. Add gelatin and stir until dissolved.
- Brush some of the gelatin mixture over pie crust. Chill piecrust and remaining gelatin mixture.
- When gelatin starts to thicken, add grapefruit sections. Pour into pie crust and chill until set. Top with whipped cream.