Zucchini-Chocolate Bread with Coconut
- ¾ cup sugar 6 oz. by weight
- 2 tbsp coconut or vegetable oil plus additional for greasing
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup orange juice 4 oz. by weight
- 2 cups flour 11 oz. by weight
- 1 cup toasted unsweetened coconut 2 oz. by weight
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder ~½ oz. by weight
- 1 ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ½ cups grated zucchini 8 oz. by weight
- ½ cup finely chopped semi-sweet chocolate or chocolate chips 2 ½ oz. by weight
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9”x5” loaf pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla and carrot-orange juice. Stir in the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt until well combined. Stir in the zucchini and chocolate.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool before slicing.