Orange Balsamic Chicken with Spinach
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz fresh spinach about 12 cups
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp salt divided
- 20 oz chicken breast
- 1 tbsp minced garlic 3 cloves
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 1½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add fresh spinach, red pepper flakes, and ¼ tsp salt. Saute until wilted. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the chicken in one layer. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ tsp salt.
- Cook for 5-8 minutes per side, depending on thickness, until done. Set aside.
- Add minced garlic, and stir for 1 minute.
- Add orange juice, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, and dried rosemary.
- Use a spoon to scrape up any bits of chicken that remain in the skillet.
- Simmer until the sauce reduces by about half (should take about 5-10 minutes), stirring often. Remove from heat.
- Add the chicken back to the skillet (to reheat a little and soak up some sauce).
- Plate the spinach. Top with chicken, and serve with extra sauce. Enjoy!
This recipe was provided by Meme Inge from Living Well Kitchen, as part of the Healthy Aperture blogger partnership.