Pineapple Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cup 100% pineapple juice or 100% orange-pineapple juice blend
- ¼ cup fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin or 2 teaspoons sake plus 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove pressed
- ¼ tbsp ground ginger or 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- freshly ground black pepper
- 2 oz canola oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch optional
- In a mixing cup, combine the 100% fruit juice, broth, soy sauce, mirin, garlic, and ginger. Add about 8 grinds of black pepper.
- Pour the Teriyaki Sauce into a 1-gallon resealable plastic freezer bag and add the oil. Add the desired beef, seal, and marinate at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Discard the marinade after using.
- For a stir-fry sauce, do not use the oil, but mix in the cornstarch.
- Add to the wok at the end, cooking just until the sauce thickens to coat the other ingredients, 60-90 seconds.
- This sauce keeps, covered in the refrigerator, for 2 days.