Orange Rhubarb Muffins
- 2 cups flour 11 oz. by weight
- 1/2 cup demerara sugar or light brown sugar 4 1/2 oz. by weight
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil 2 oz. by weight
- 3/4 cup orange juice 6 oz. by weight
- 1 tsp orange zest optional
- 1 1/2 cups rhubarb, sliced 1/8” thick 6 oz. by weight
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Line a muffin pan with muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coriander.
- In another bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, orange juice, and orange zest, if using.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined. Fold in the rhubarb.
- Divide the batter between the muffin liners.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, rotating the pan halfway through baking.