ORANGE TOFU LETTUCE WRAPS
These quick and easy Orange Tofu Lettuce Wraps are vegan-friendly, and take just about 30 minutes to make! A healthy recipe that tastes even better than takeout!
- 1 block tofu extra-firm
- 1 cup %100 orange juice
- 4 tbsp reduced soy sauce
- 4 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp seasme oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- orange zest
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts diced
- 1 head bibb lettuce (or other leaf lettuce like romaine, butter, or cabbage)
- chopped green onion
- sesame seeds
- sriracha (optional)
- Heat a large skillet over high heat.
- Crumble in tofu, and mash with a large spoon or potato masher to break it up into crumbles.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until browned and moisture evaporated.
- While tofu is cooking, whisk together orange juice, soy sauce, rice vinegar, brown sugar, cornstarch, sesame oil, garlic powder, ground ginger, and orange zest if using in a bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- When tofu is browned, stir in prepared sauce and water chestnuts. Cook an additional 5 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Serve in lettuce cups, and top with sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and sriracha if you want extra spice.