Spicy Peanut Sauce
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sriracha chili sauce
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup 100% apple juice
- Place the peanut butter, garlic, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, and sriracha sauce in a mini-food processor and whirl to combine.
- With the motor running, add the sesame oil, then the apple juice.
- For Sichuan-style noodles, toss the sauce with cooked pasta, allowing 2 tablespoons sauce for every 3 ounces of noodles.
- This sauce keeps, tightly covered in the refrigerator, for 5 days. If it gets thick, use a bit of the pasta cooking water to thin it out.
PER SERVING (1 Tbsp): 160 calories, 12 g fat (2.5 g saturated fat), 10 g carbohydrate, 4 g protein, 1 g dietary fiber, 290 mg sodium.