This Halloween, there’s no need to get tricked by unhealthy temptations. Instead, treat your guests to these spooky yet healthy recipes. All of these snacks pack the nutritional benefits of 100% juice, and plenty of fun.
Purple Bug Juice
- ¼ cup 100% Concord grape juice chilled
- ¼ cup 100% white grapefruit juice chilled
- ¼ cup 100% apple juice chilled
- Combine equal parts of all three juices and serve!
PER SERVING: 90 calories, 0 g fat (0g saturated fat), 23 g carbohydrate, 0 g protein, 0 g dietary fiber, 0 mg sodium.
The perfect way to quench your thirst after trick-or-treating, this punch is created with a tasty blend of 100% grape, grapefruit and apple juices. Our version is alcohol-free – making it a great option for kid-friendly festivities. To get in the Halloween spirit, serve it in a decorative cauldron.
- 1 3-ounce package lime gelatin dessert regular or sugar-free
- 2 cups 100% apple juice or 100% white grape juice
- 8 seedless green grapes
- 2-4 raisins
- Set four 9-ounce plastic glasses on a tray and set aside.
- Make the gelatin dessert according to package directions, using the juice at room temperature and heated, in place of the water. Divide the liquid gelatin among the plastic glasses.
- Add 2 grapes to each glass, rolling to coat them with the gelatin.
- Nudge the grapes together to look like a pair of eyeballs. Cut the raisins into thin slices. Gently dip each slice into the warm gelatin and set each one on top of a grape.
- Set the tray with the glasses in the refrigerator. Refrigerate until the gelatin is firmly set, 3 to 4 hours.
- Icky Eyeballs keep, covered with plastic wrap in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
PER SERVING: 75 calories, 0 g fat (0g saturated fat), 17 g carbohydrate, 0 g protein, 2 g dietary fiber, 10 mg sodium
Guests who dare to try them will love our Icky Eyeballs made with gelatin and plenty of fresh fruit and juice. Made in individual cups, these snacks are perfect for party platters, school snacks, or as a hand out to trick-or-treaters. And best of all, they can be made 3 days in advance to avoid a last-minute scramble.
Halloween Juice Worms
Boost the fright factor at your party with this quick and easy concoction that makes the perfect spooky garnish. While grape juice is our go-to for this recipe, experiment with different juice flavors for a fun splash of color. Why not try creating orange, apple, or pomegranate worms as well? Making these treats is almost more fun than eating them.
Craving more recipes to enjoy year-round? Explore our Recipes Page.