Pomegranate Chicken with Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb brussels sprouts stems trimmed, halved
- 1½ lb sweet potatoes about 2 medium, peeled, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup pomegranate arils seeds
- Add the oil to a 12-inch non-stick high-sided skillet (AKA a chicken fryer).
- Place over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the chicken, onion, salt, pepper, and rosemary to the skillet.
- Cook for 6 minutes, carefully stirring occasionally (skillet will be full).
- Reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the pomegranate juice, honey, and balsamic vinegar to the skillet.
- Let the liquid simmer for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid has been evaporated/absorbed and the remaining liquid has thickened.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. Top with pomegranate arils.
This recipe was provided by Amanda Finks from The Wholesome Dish, as part of the Healthy Aperture blogger partnership.