Staying healthy is more than eating and drinking right
As parts of our nation begin the slow process of opening up and attempting to go back to normal, the vast majority are doing their best to adhere to the rules laid out to us – staying hunkered down at home, avoiding large crowds and thoroughly washing our hands as frequently as we can.
There are a number of things we can work on to keep ourselves fit (physically and mentally) at this time. They include:
- Getting a good night’s sleep on a regular basis
- Finding a way to exercise
- Making time to de-stress and relax in whatever manner works for you
Another step we can all take to help ourselves in a time like this is eating right to help stave off illnesses of all types – including coronavirus. While no particular food or drink is a cure-all for any ailment, there are many things we can do to help strengthen our immune system and stay strong and healthy during this time:
- Increase fruit and vegetable intake by drinking 100% juice
- Do not overindulge on salty or sweet comfort foods like cookies, chips and ice cream
- Be aware of your alcohol intake and make sure not to overdo it in these stressful times
- Choose healthier options like lean meats, beans and whole grains
- Try to make healthy snacks like these Grape Berry Crunch Muffins
- Boost immune supporting nutrients like Vitamin C found in Orange Banana Smoothie and Orange Cranberry Oatmeal
Staying home all day can be a trying time for some, grocery shopping can pose a challenge these days and the stress of our situation can lead many to make poor diet decisions, but we will all be doing our bodies a favor by providing them with as many fruits and vegetables as possible.