Crackling Pork Belly & Coconut Pork Soup
- 4-6 cups 100% Coconut Juice or Coconut Water
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Juice
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- 2 strips Pork Belly
- 6 tbsp Chopped Garlic
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- 1 pinch coarse salt
- Leafy greens (Watercress Or Tong Ho, Chrysanthemum Greens, work well)
- Braise the Pork Belly in 100% pineapple juice and coconut, soy sauce, garlic, and bay leaves on a low simmer for 1-1.5 hours
- Remove pork belly, pat dry, and score or poke holes in pork belly skin. Rub coarse salt on skin to aid in drying it out and chill in fridge 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Meanwhile, chill remaining coconut pork broth in fridge.
- Remove pork belly from fridge and leave at room temperature for 30 min. Preheat air fryer to 400⁰F, then add pork belly and cook for 20-30 minutes until skin is crispy.
- Remove from air fryer and cool to room temperature before cutting and serving.
- Meanwhile, remove soup from fridge and skim off excess fat layer on top.
- Heat coconut pork to a boil then add greens. Cook for 1 min before turning off heat and serving.
This recipe was provided by Jannine Chan.