Sweet and Sticky Baked Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
This yummy one-pan chicken dinner makes dinner a breeze to prepare. As the pomegranate, soy and honey sauce bakes, it caramelizes on the chicken, making it sweet, savory and oh-so-sticky.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
1 lb potatoes, cut into 2-inch chunks
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 parsnip, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 small turnip, cut into 2-inch chunks
1 red onion, cut into 2-inch wedges
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp each salt and pepper, divided
2/3 cup Pomegranate Juice
2 tbsp honey
2 tbsp soy sauce
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sesame oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
2 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (8 small or 4 large)
2 green onions, finely chopped
2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1. Preheat oven to 400ºF. Toss together potatoes, carrots, parsnip, turnip, red onion, oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper. Arrange in single layer on parchment paper–lined baking sheet.
2. Stir together pomegranate juice, honey, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and remaining salt and pepper; toss with chicken. Transfer chicken to baking sheet and pour any remaining marinade over top.
3. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until root vegetables are tender and internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds.
• Use a medley of root vegetables, including celery root, golden beets or rutabaga if desired.
• Substitute drumsticks for chicken thighs.
• Add a drizzle of sriracha hot sauce to spice up the chicken.